Outlined below is the process our Assessors need to take when assessing a P3 course.
- Make sure you have a copy of the latest guidance for assessors from Play Wales and the assessment support pack from SQA also available through Play Wales.
- Arrange with all learners a time and place to observe them at work. Ideally this should be done during the taught part of the course.
- Go and observe the learners, ask the relevant questions, give feedback, and make and record an assessment decision.
- As agreed during the course all learners should submit their work to you at the agreed deadline.
- Assess all learners’ work promptly against the assessment criteria and submit them according to the agreed submission procedures
- Ensure work is complete, signed and dated.
- Send work securely to Play Wales.
Work is verified at Play Wales as outlined by the submission procedures in the assessors’ guidance.