Developing and managing play spaces: a community toolkit
Workshop: Developing and managing play spaces: a community toolkit
Length of workshop: one day
Number of participants: 6 to 18
Price for Play Wales members: £400 per workshop
Price for non members: £500 per workshop
Play Wales has developed a Community Toolkit that is intended to provide a single source of support and signposting for groups to navigate some of the challenges of managing or developing a play space.
During this workshop, learners will have the opportunity to explore the toolkit, how it was developed and the impact that well designed and maintained play spaces can have on providing for children’s play.
Hard copies of the Developing and managing play spaces community toolkit are available at additional cost.
- Receive an overview of the Community Toolkit
- Understand how the toolkit can be used in practical application by those responsible for developing and managing play spaces
- Understand how to use the play value assessment tool and how it links to involving children and young people
- Consider a range of methods for involving children and young people through participation
- Consider how the addition of natural elements and non-specific play equipment increases play value and gives children and young people a greater range of play opportunities
- Consider some of the myths and misunderstandings relating to play spaces especially with regards to risk management and standards
- Consider how all the above relates to the design and management process and getting better value for money
Who is it for?
- Community councils
- Community groups/play associations
- Local authority officers
- Play development workers
- Play providers thinking about improving outdoor space
If you have any queries about the workshop or to book please contact us
Please note the workshop price does not include venue hire or refreshments