Workshop: Promoting physical activity through outdoor play in early years and childcare settings
Length of workshop: half a day
Number of participants: 8 to 20
Price for Play Wales members: £200 per workshop
Price for non members: £250 per workshop
Active play is one of the easiest and most natural ways that children of any age can engage in the necessary levels of physical activity. When given the opportunity to play children are likely to be physically active by running, jumping, dancing, climbing, digging, lifting, pushing and pulling.
This short workshop is ideal for anyone working in an early years setting that provides care to children. The workshop is especially suited to those who would like to learn more about the importance of physical activity in the early years and how to engage children in more physically active play.
- Understand the importance of physical activity in the early years
- Learn about the physical activity and sedentary guidelines for early years
- Translate the physical activity guidelines into practice in early years settings
- Explore how playing contributes to children’s physical activity levels
Who is it for?
- Early years practitioners
If you have any queries about the workshop or to book please contact us
Please note the workshop price does not include venue hire or refreshments