Child friendly streets - Newport
Members £0 | Non-members £0
|Date: 25-03-2019||Location: Christchurch Centre, Newport|
|Organiser: Play Wales|
*Fully booked - please contact us if you'd like to be added to our waiting list*
A seminar to discuss street play projects
9.00am - 12.30pm
Street play projects are low-cost and fairly easy to implement, but they require the right council policies and guidance, as well as good promotion and support ‘on the ground’ for residents. Play Wales has developed a toolkit to enable local authorities in Wales to join a growing UK movement.
This seminar will introduce the toolkit and share best practice for local authorities, exploring:
- The key elements of an effective street play policy and putting it in place
- Supporting street play on the ground
- Effective local promotion of street play.
This seminar is aimed at: key officers in local authority planning, transport and highways departments, housing associations, play and community development officers.
Street play projects have several benefits:
- Getting residents and families active in their own streets and working together
- Improving the health and well-being of children and their families
- Reducing social isolation for older people
- Developing more cohesive and joined up neighbourhoods
- Supporting the Councils’ reputation (as an enabler for community action) in local communities.