'Keeping Our Children Safe' - child protection training
Members £170 | Non-members £245
|Date: 13-03-2019||Location: Bridgend|
|End Date: 14-03-2019||Organiser: Children in Wales|
Training for Designated Person for Child Protection
This two day training course will consider:
- The role of the Designated Person and how this can be incorporated into your organisation
- Legislation and guidance on safeguarding children and young people, particularly within the Welsh context
- Essential safeguarding measures that need to be in place
- The ‘abuse of trust’ and how to remain alert to potential sexual offences within the organisation
- Assessing concerns about a child and making a referral to social services if necessary
- The statutory child protection system and what may be expected of you
- Confidentiality and good record keeping
- Diversity and the additional vulnerabilities for some children.
This course is aimed at people acting in the ‘Designated Person’ role working in a variety of organisations including schools, children’s daycare and residential settings, also services providing support to children and families in the voluntary and private sector.