New Welsh Government youth strategy
The Welsh Government’s newly launched Youth Work Strategy for Wales sets out a vision for the future of youth work with five key aims to ensure that:
- Young people are thriving
- Youth work is accessible and inclusive
- Voluntary and paid youth professional youth work staff are supported throughout their careers to improve their practice
- Youth work is valued and understood
- We have a sustainable model for youth work delivery in Wales.
To develop the strategy the Welsh Government worked with the Interim Youth Work Board, which represents young people and the youth work sector in Wales.
Discussing the strategy, the Education Minister Kirsty Williams said:
‘I want Wales to be a country where young people thrive, with access to opportunities and experiences, in both Welsh and English, which provides enjoyment and enriches their personal development.’