Awards for All for play28-06-2013Back to News
Over 100 community-based projects across Wales are sharing £400,000 awarded under the latest round of the Big Lottery Fund’s (BIG) Awards for All small grants programme. A number of projects have been awarded roughly £5,000 each to extend the play opportunities in their communities:
- Bobath Children’s Therapy Centre Wales in Cardiff will replace old play equipment to provide opportunities for both disabled and able children to enjoy play activities.
- In Caerphilly both the Penyrheol Trecenydd Energlyn Community Council and Van Community Council will use their awards to provide summer playschemes for hundreds of children in the area during the summer holidays.
- In Carmarthenshire, the Cilycwm Sports & Playarea Action Committee will install new playground equipment.
- Ysgol Gynradd Llanbedrog in Gwynedd will create a play area which will be used by after school clubs and other groups within the community.
- Eyton Church in Wales Voluntary Controlled School in Wrexham will create a new adventure playground in the school grounds.
- Cylch Meithrin Aberdar in Aberdare will purchase additional play equipment.