Playday 2013 - theme?
Playday 2013 will be on Wednesday 7 August - what do you think the campaign theme for next year should be?
Each year, we coordinate a national campaign alongside the hundreds of local Playday celebrations that happen across the UK to raise awareness about issues affecting children's play. In recent years we have tackled issues around:
- Children's access to nature
- Reclaiming streets for play
- Opportunities for children to experience risk in play
- The amount of time that children and families have for play.
To help us plan for Playday 2013, we'd like to hear your views on what you think we should be campaigning for next year. Some questions to ask yourself include:
- What stops children playing out where you live?
- What was it like to play when you were a child and what has changed?
- If you're a parent, is there anything that stops you giving your children the freedom to play outdoors?
Please contact us with your suggestions; we will be announcing the Playday 2013 theme in the new year.