Playday 2017 theme announcement
This year Playday is celebrating its 30th anniversary. In recognition of this milestone the 2017 Playday campaign will be Celebrate Play.
We are calling on everyone – parents, teachers, support staff – across the UK to help us celebrate all things play. Celebrate that:
- PLAYING is free
- PLAYING is a child’s right
- PLAYING is inclusive
- PLAYING supports physical and emotional health and wellbeing
- PLAYING support respect and appreciation of the natural environment
- PLAYING promotes development and learning.
You can get involved in this year’s Playday by:
- Holding a Playday celebration – whether your event is big or small, the more people that celebrate Playday the more noise we can make for children's play. Register your event online.
- Spreading the word about the campaign – post it, Tweet it, Blog it! Help spread the word far and wide about children's right and need to play – #Playday2017.
- Follow us on social media – Facebook and Twitter.
- Becoming an official Playday supporter – if your organisation is passionate about children's play, why not become an official Playday 2017 campaign supporter?