Playworkers Forum - early bird deadline approaching26-04-2017Back to News
Book your place by 30 April to receive the early bird delegate rate (£90 - £110 afterwards).
The Playworkers Forum is a two-day, residential playwork training event under canvas that gives playworkers the opportunity to learn from each other and experienced playwork trainers.
Originally established in 2005 to provide a forum for adventure playground workers to share skills and practice, the Playworkers Forum has evolved to be a highly popular professional development opportunity for all playworkers in Wales and the rest of the UK, especially those working in open access provision. It aims to respond to the needs of the sector and participants.
Key themes for this year’s event include:
- Play and gender
- Thinking about play and space
- Reflective practice
- Sharing practical playwork skills
Who should attend?
- Volunteer, full or part-time playworkers
- After school club workers
- Playwork students
Playworkers who make the most of this event will:
- gain ideas and support from colleagues from other settings in Wales
- have an opportunity to relate current playwork theory and practice to their own play settings
- explore themes around play and children’s rights
Participants are expected to camp and will need to provide their own camping equipment. Hot drinks, breakfast, lunches and an evening meal will be provided.
Lower Porthamel Farm is set in the beautiful countryside of the Brecon Beacons National Park close to the town of Talgarth.
Planned and delivered by a steering group consisting of play development staff, academics, play specialists and adventure playground workers.