‘American Journal of Play’ – new issue
The latest issue of American Journal of Play is now available to access online for free.
2018 marks the tenth anniversary of the American Journal of Play. This Winter 2018 issue includes the following articles:
- ‘Theme and Variation: Arranging Play’s Forms, Functions, and “Colors”’
by Thomas S. Henricks
- 'Toward Creativity: Do Theatrical Experiences Improve Pretend Play and Cooperation among Preschoolers?’
by Meredith L. Rowe, Virginia C. Salo, and Kenneth Rubin
- ‘Role Playing in Children’s Literature: Zilpha Keatley Snyder and The Egypt Game’
by Cathlena Martin.
There is also a number of book reviews in this issue, including:
- Celebrating 40 Years of Play Research: Connecting Our Past, Present, and Future, Vol 13, Play & Culture Studies
Michael M. Patte and John A. Sutterby – reviewed by Miguel Sicart
- What to Do When Children Clam Up in Psychotherapy: Interventions to Facilitate Communication
Cathy A. Malchiodi and David A. Crenshaw – reviewed by John W. Seymour
- Empirically Based Play Interventions for Children
Linda A. Reddy, Tara M. Files-Hall, and Charles E. Schaefer – reviewed by Gabriel I. Lomas.More information