Playwork Education and Training Council Wales (PETC Wales) provides a forum for the sector to discuss issues of strategic importance on all aspects of playwork education, training and qualifications in Wales and make recommendations to PETC UK.
Play Wales hosts PETC Wales. Meetings are held four times per year.
PETC Wales functions include:
- To agree and recommend broad strategic actions for Playwork Education, Training and Qualifications in Wales.
- To provide advice and guidance to PETC UK on issues related to education, training and qualifications in Wales.
- Provision of advice and guidance to and from SkillsActive – the sector skills council for playwork.
- To receive reports and make recommendations on the development of National Occupational Standards (NOS) and associated qualifications for playwork in Wales.
- To receive reports and make recommendations on key aspects in the development, delivery and take-up of playwork qualifications.
- To take responsibility for disseminating information, advice and guidance on playwork education, training and qualifications to the stakeholder group for whom membership was conferred.
The Terms of Reference of PETC Wales defines who can be members. Voting Members represent playwork employers, national organisations with an interest in play and playwork and training providers.
The current membership includes:
- Play Wales
- Clybiau Plant Cymru Kids’ Clubs
- Ray Ceredigion
- Wrexham County Borough Council Play Development Team
- Addysg Oedolion Cymru | Adult Learning Wales
- Trinity St David College
- Qualifications Wales
- Welsh Government
- Social Care Wales
- Playwork employers
For more information about PETC Wales please contact our Workforce Development team