Right to play in schools
Workshop: Right to play in schools
Length of workshop: 90 minutes
Number of participants: 10 - 30 children (at least one staff member required)
Price for Play Wales members: £200 per workshop
Price for non members: £250 per workshop
The Right to Play workshop is a fun and engaging 90 minutes workshop available to be delivered to children in Key Stage 2. It is designed to raise their awareness of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Chlld (UNCRC) and especially Article 31, which focuses on their right to play and Article 12, which focuses on their right to be consulted on matters which affect them.
The session works well with a class or school council and is designed to get them thinking about how to improve play opportunities within the school.
Children participating in the workshop will have the opportunity to:
- Present to their classmates
- Prioritise information
- Use literacy skills
- Consult with their peers
- Learn about their right to play
Children will learn through:
- Individual autonomy – individual work and reflection
- Mutual interdependence – group work, shared discussions
- Participatory learning – there will be a variety of ways for children to engage in the session in their preferred way
- Inclusive learning – the session caters for a range of learning styles
Who is it for?
- Children in Key Stage 2
- School council (primary)
If you have any queries about the workshop or to book please contact us
Please note the workshop price does not include venue hire or refreshments