Spirit 2017 - A healthy childhood
26 October 2017
Holiday Inn, Cardiff
We hope you will be able to join us for our annual Spirit conference. Spirit is a conference filled with inspiring keynote speeches, lively discussions and practical workshops about children's play.
We are delighted to welcome
- Mariana Brussoni, Associate Professor at the School of Population and Public Health, University of British Columbia
- Ellen Beate Hansen Sandsetter, Queen Maud University College, Trondheim
- Carl Sargeant AM, Cabinet Secretary for Communities and Children
- Professor Ronan Lyons, National Centre for population Health and Wellbeing Research
- Professor Sally Holland, Children’s Commissioner for Wales
Who should attend?
Playworkers and play professionals, people working in communities, youth and community workers, town and community councils, housing associations, community regeneration officers, and anyone with an interest in or responsibility for children's play.
Members - £85.00*
Non-members - £105.00*
including lunch and refreshments.
*Early bird rates available until 15 July 2017
Feedback from previous Spirit delegates
'The conference is a good mix (of workshops and presentations) which means that it is more inclusive to lots of different audiences'
'Best conference I have been on to inform my practice'
'Execllent CPD opportunities for those involved with play'
'The organisation was excellent as usual, the venue easy to find with great food and very comfortable'
'Really enjoyed the conference, I have been once before and now find the topics broader and therefore more attractive, not same old, same old - I also like the international perspective'
'The conference included participants of different levels within their profession which facilitated valuable networking'
'I felt the conference gave me lots of new inspiration, it's a wonderful, refreshing and comfortable feeling to be around like minded people for two wonderful days!'