ACE - Building Resilience in the Face of Adverse Childhood Experiences
Members £95 | Non-members £135
|Date: 03-09-2019||Location: Swansea|
|Organiser: Children in Wales|
A one day course
This course will examine Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs), children’s rights and the concept of a good childhood, resilience and how to build resilience in children to cope with and mitigate the effects of Early Childhood Experiences.
This aims of the course are:
- To explore Adverse Childhood Experiences
- To have a better understanding of their impact on children and adults in later life
- To have a greater understanding of substance misuse, mental health, domestic abuse and violence and their effects on children
- To explore a 'good' childhood
- To increase knowledge of resilience
- To have skills and confidence to build resilience with children and young people.
The course is aimed at those working with children and young people in a professional setting and interested in building a knowledge and understanding of adverse childhood experiences.