Listen to me! Noticing and responding to children at risk
Members £50 | Non-members £85
|Date: 06-02-2020||Location: Cardiff|
|Organiser: Children in Wales|
This half day course will focus on supporting practitioners to recognise when children may be trying to tell them about what is happening in their lives. Using a rights-based approach the course will focus on how to keep the child at the centre of any concerns and to ensure that their voices are heard and acted upon. Through the use of interactive exercises practitioners will explore children’s disclosure as a process rather than an event.
- To understand the ways that children may show or tell adults that they are at risk
- To explore the barriers for children and adults
- To explore possible responses by adults
- To consider different types of questions that can be used with children and in what situations they may be effective
- To practice recording skills
- To clarify do’s and don’ts regarding record keeping and information sharing under GDPR and Data Protection 2018.
Who the course is aimed at:
Anyone working directly with children who wants to improve their response to children’s spoken and unspoken communications, and to feel more confident that they are acting in accordance with good practice.