‘Keeping Our Children Safe’ Training for the Designated Child Protection Lead
Members £170 | Non-members £245
|Date: 15-01-2020||Location: Cardiff|
|End Date: 16-01-2020||Organiser: Children in Wales|
This two day course focuses on what the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) states, which is that all organisations concerned with children should work towards what’s best for each child.
This training course will consider:
- The role of the Designated Person and how this can be incorporated into your organisation
- Legislation and guidance on safeguarding children and young people, particularly within the Welsh context
- Essential safeguarding measures that need to be in place
- The ‘abuse of trust’ and how to remain alert to potential sexual offences within the organisation
- Assessing concerns about a child and making a referral to social services if necessary
- The statutory child protection system and what may be expected of you
- Confidentiality and good record keeping
- Diversity and the additional vulnerabilities for some children
Who the course is aimed at:
People acting in the Designated Person role working in a variety of organisations including schools, children’s daycare and residential settings.