Teenage Development and how to Engage them and their Brains
Members £95 | Non-members £135
|Date: 05-02-2020||Location: Cardiff|
|Organiser: Children in Wales|
This one day course examines the teenage years in terms of physical, psychological, emotional and social development. Examining the issues and looking at how that understanding can help with engaging with and affectively supporting young people.
The aims of the course are:
- Understanding the stages of development – intellectual and social-emotional
- Communicating – how to talk to teenagers
- Building relationships – building trust, learning to negotiate, setting boundaries
- Understanding stress factors – peer pressure, sex and relationships, substance misuse, bullying, abuse and trauma
- How to promote independence and resilience.
Who is the course aimed at?
Practitioners working with teenagers and want to understand how their brains work and how this manifests itself in behaviour.