ACE – Building Resilience in the Face of Adverse Childhood Experiences
Members £95 | Non-members £135
|Date: 29-01-2020||Location: Cardiff|
|Organiser: Children in Wales|
This one-day course will examine Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs), children’s rights and the concept of a good childhood. In addition, the course will discuss resilience and how to build resilience in children to cope with and mitigate the effects of Early Childhood Experiences.
This aims of the course are:
- To explore Adverse Childhood Experiences
- To have a better understanding of their impact on children and adults in later life
- To have a greater understanding of substance misuse, mental health, domestic abuse and violence and their effects on children
- To explore a ‘good’ childhood
- To increase knowledge of resilience
- To have skills and confidence to build resilience with children and young people.
Who is the course aimed at?
Those working with children and young people in a professional setting and interested in building a knowledge and understanding of adverse childhood experiences.