Safeguarding Children and Young People – virtual training
Members £0 | Non-members £0
|Organiser: Children in Wales|
10:00am – 1:00pm
This half day online course by Children in Wales, is aimed at anyone working directly or indirectly with children and young people in a wide range of community and workplace settings.
The purpose of the training is to give participants confidence and essential knowledge on how to safeguard the children and young people in their environment.
As a result of the training, participants will:
- Learn about the key legislation, guidance, policies and procedures for safeguarding the welfare of children and young people, including e-safety
- Understand the roles of different agencies involved in safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Understand safe working practices essential to keeping children, young people and practitioners safe in a work setting
- Identify the characteristics of different types of child abuse and how to identify these in practice
- Know how to respond effectively to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been abused, or neglected
- Be able to describe the principles and boundaries of confidentiality and when to share information.