Members £50 | Non-members £85
|Date: 18-06-2020||Location: Online|
|Organiser: Children in Wales|
10:00am – 1:00pm
This half day online course is aimed at all practitioners including family support workers, social workers and carers working with children from 0 to 12 who want to increase their understanding of what to expect of children at certain stages of development and how this can be supported through their role.
The aims of the course are:
- Understand the growth and development of children 0 to 12 years
- Consider growth across different domains of development, including brain development
- Consider the factors that contribute to delaying or interrupting a child’s development
- Explore the impact that adversity and trauma can have on child development
- Explore the importance of play in the development of children
- Consider the available tools to observe and assess a child’s development, and the options to support a child’s developmental needs
- Reflect on how to support parents and carers to promote positive outcomes for children.