New - Focus on play for county councillors
This issue of Focus on play for county councillors across Wales provides information about statutory duties on local authorities to assess and secure sufficient play opportunities for children in their area.
Councillors are well placed to be play champions for the communities they serve, whilst also ensuring that the council as a whole complies with statutory duties regarding play sufficiency.
To inform councillors, Focus on play: play and county councillors aims to answer the following questions:
- Why has Welsh Government legislated for play?
- What do I need to know about play sufficiency?
- Has the duty improved outcomes for children?
- How can we make sure there is enough play when there is so little money?
- What can I do to support play sufficiency in the council?
Although this issue of Focus on play is aimed at councillors, it provides useful information about the importance of play and how we can all support the provision of play opportunities for children.
Play Wales has also produced a Focus on play for town and community councils.