Playwork Education and Training Council Wales (PETC Wales) provides a forum for the sector to discuss issues of strategic importance on all aspects of playwork education, training and qualifications in Wales and make recommendations to PETC UK.
Play Wales provides the secretariat for PETC Wales. Meetings are held four times per year.
PETC Wales functions include:
- To approve playwork qualifications to appear on the List of Required Qualifications held by the lead sector skills council for playwork.
- To provide advice and guidance to Welsh Government, Qualifications Wales, Social Care Wales and Care Inspectorate Wales on issues related to education, training and qualifications in Wales.
- To share information with other national Playwork Education and Training Councils.
- To receive reports and make recommendations on key aspects in the development and take-up of playwork qualifications, and on assessment and verification issues relating to playwork qualifications in Wales.
- To monitor and support aspects of Wales – a Play Friendly Country (Welsh Government 2014) which relate to playwork workforce development
- To receive reports and make recommendation on the development of playwork training and qualifications to Qualifications Wales.
The Terms of Reference of PETC Wales defines who can be members. Voting Members represent playwork employers, national organisations with an interest in play and playwork and training providers.
The current membership includes:
- Play Wales
- Clybiau Plant Cymru Kids’ Clubs
- Addysg Oedolion Cymru | Adult Learning Wales
- Qualifications Wales
- Welsh Government
- Social Care Wales
- Playwork employers.
For more information about PETC Wales please contact our Workforce Development team