Playwork: Principles into Practice (P3) qualifications and course materials are internationally unique and have been developed, reviewed and updated to meet the needs of the playwork sector.
Philosophy and structure
- P3 is structured around the Playwork Principles (the sector endorsed professional and ethical framework for play) that underpin the national occupational standards for playwork.
- P3 is truly play centred training where the needs of playing children come first.
- Inclusive playwork and meeting the play needs of all children are embedded throughout the P3 courses.
- The P3 course materials have been written, designed and edited by some of the UK's leading playwork experts.
- P3 is modular in structure starting with the Level 2 Award in Playwork Practice (L2APP) and moving on to the Level 2 Certificate Playwork: Principles into Practice and Level 3 Diploma Playwork: Principles into Practice.
- P3 is on the Qualifications in Wales framework and so is approved by the Welsh qualifications regulator, Qualifications Wales.
- P3 is available in both Welsh and English and Play Wales has developed new terminology in Welsh to support the understanding of playwork theory bilingually.
- P3 is a blend of theory and practice. Learners will be able to explain what they do and why they do it and are expected to put into practice what they have learnt.
- P3 is unique in how it assesses learners, which sets it apart from other playwork qualifications. Assessment methods are tailored to the nature of the job role to ensure coherence between learning and practice.
- P3’s core competences (such as how learners facilitate play) are assessed through practice, while reflection and written questioning are used to assess underpinning knowledge.
- P3 is supported by a range of high-quality materials including comprehensive learner handbooks and a specially commissioned film Pushing Eddie into the Nettles with Connor that features children playing in a variety of environments across Wales.
- P3 is delivered by some of the most dynamic, inspirational playwork trainers in the UK. All P3 trainers are occupationally competent playworkers and qualified playwork trainers who have completed the bespoke accredited Award in Delivering Dynamic Playwork Practice Training (ADDaPT).
- The P3 learning experience is a dynamic interactive one that ensures learners will find it interesting and stimulating – whatever their learning style.
- P3 can be delivered in English or Welsh (including handbooks).
- P3 can be delivered flexibly to suit local need with both times and venues negotiable.